Friday, July 2, 2010

If the Stupidity Would Hurt...

Stupidity has its charmsImage by duncan via Flickr

It is Friday here in Israel and the Shabbat (the Jewish day of rest) will start in a couple of hours...Yesterday we had a very interesting, educational afternoon as we tried to solve the "DHL crisis". Of course, after my husband came home from work he took the matter is his capable hands and after some e-mails, faxes and phone calls, YES, the nefarious DHL people said I am going to be reunited with my ebook reader on Sunday (here, in Israel, the week starts on Sunday). I am not going to write down the enormities the DHL boys and gals said because I am ashamed of their ignorance. Let me say just that in Romanian there is a saying that goes something like this:"If the stupidity would hurt, the world would be full of people writhing in pain..."
Enhanced by Zemanta

6 comments:

Unknown said...

That saying also exists in Hungarian... My favorite is "If stupidity could power a bike, he would have to use the breaks upwards the Himalayans."

Alone in Holy Land said...

Oh yes, this is absolutely precious!

Anonymous said...

“The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits.”

Elizabeth Mahlou said...

That's an interesting saying. Never heard it before. And I never thought of distinguishing between stupidity and ignorance. I hope it all works out.

Lothiriel said...

I had never heard that saying. I like it.

veganf said...

I think I may have to post that as my FB status. Awesome.