Tuesday, July 27, 2010

I'm Back and...um, Reality Really Bites...











Our wonderful, from heaven holiday is over and here I am, back to the harsh reality...It was almost like a dream, so perfect it seemed unreal. I knew I missed my home-land, but I didn't know I missed it so badly.




Being back in Romania was like being home. It felt so right it almost hurt. The smell of grass, the blue sky with clouds playing high, the heat that is so different from the mediteraneean heat we have here. The Big City with its gorgeous architecture, its people, a huge puzzle where every piece found its place... I was at peace there, because there, and only there I find solace and understanding. I am among my own and it feels right.




I am not going to bore you with the step-by-step story of our holiday in Romania. I don't even think I can talk or write about it. I will only try to burry all the memories deep inside my soul to be able to recall them whenever I will fell my ground shaking under my feet. Because I realized now, I take my strenght from there, from my home-land.




I am the mighty oak that survives every storm, no matter how hellish, with the knowledge that its roots are planted firmly in the earth soaked with its forefathers' essence.




It is clear to me that all the misery and depression I've lived lately comes from the fact I am not happy here (to say the least). But I am going to solve all of it, somehow...I have to. For now, I'll leave the happy memories wash over my sadness...And maybe next time I'll tell you how much fun Maya had in Romania...




Thank you all for being here, reading my blog and helping me in this journey. I love you all.

5 comments:

Katherine Jenkins said...

Romania looks beautiful. I believe that "where there's a will there's a way" and somehow you will go back to Romania!

Counting Coconuts said...

What beautiful photos. I'm so sorry you can't be where your heart wants to be. Hugs to you, my bloggy friend. :)

Bogarantyú said...

Your photos of Romania do remind me of my own home.

Hope that those memories will uplift you for a good long time!

Anonymous said...

I feel your pain, having felt like this many times in my life. Home is where the heart is, and the heart is usually with the people we love the most in the whole universe...please read this, if only for the last paragraph, because it is the most important: http://basia-unleashed.blogspot.com/2010/07/spanish-heart-spanish-soul.html

love Basia x

Alone in Holy Land said...

Thank you for your comments...and Basia, what a beautiful post...I hope to be able to find that feeling you wrote about ...