Sunday, November 7, 2010

My Own Writing Momentum

How well I could write if I were not here!Image by madamepsychosis via Flickr Even though I am not participating in the NaNoWriMo, there is definitely something in the air...Everybody is writing right, left and center so maybe the Earth energy is shifting or something, because I was also hit by inspiration and working at the second draft of my novel like a woman possesed. Once again, I have to say it is not easy (well, yeah, nothing has ever been easy in my life, but that's another story) because I am writing in English, which is NOT my mother tongue and sometimes I struggle with synonyms and expressions and asuch...but apart from that "minor" glitch, I am glad I caught this momentum and I don't intend to let it go. I am holding to it for dear life, because I want to finish this book I am dreaming about (literally) and prove myself I can do it. Of course it would be easier to write it in Romanian, but, no folks, I am on my way to conquer the world and English is my best weapon. I mean, I wrote a book in Romanian ten years ago and did you hear about it? So, you see? Anyway, the book's universe is a Romanian one, as the action takes place in Romania (in the first book at least, that's the plan), the main character is Romanian and it is based on Romanian traditions and folklore. I owe this much to my homeland, and I am doing this also to free my soul from the clenches of the longing for the country where I was born. Also, Dracula was Romanian, right?
So, I am not going to spend much time here in the near future and please forgive me for that. But I don't have a lot of free time for writing and I intend to use every second the best I can. I promise to come here as often as possible, because I cannot picture my life without this blog and without you, my dear bloggy friends...
Enhanced by Zemanta

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I once wrote out notes for a novel taking place in Transylvania, it was full of Corvins, members of the Danesti lineage, a couple of Draculesti descendants, three teenagers from Harghita (two Romanians and an ethnic Hungarian), and a mysterious cave under the Lacul Rosu. What a better place for a little gothic adventure! (Corvin as in the fictional descendants of Matthias Corvinus or Matei Corvin, not the Underworld Corvin.)

Alone in Holy Land said...

Yerah, I remeber you've told me about your literary attempt. What happened to the notes? Did you pursue the fate of your characters?
(about Corvin, being Transylvanian and all, the first person that comes up into my mind is Mattias and not the movie guy).

Katherine Jenkins said...

Hi Ramona-How have you been? I'm glad that you have found your writing momentum again with your novel and this blog. Lot's of inspiration is out there..maybe this wind is coming your way. Lots of love to you...Katherine