Monday, November 15, 2010

There Is a Time For Everything, Isn't It?

There's never enough time for everything  101/365Image by Surat Lozowick via Flickr Everything was ready: Maya and her father asleep, a big glass of ice-cold Diet Cola waiting for me on the desk, even Dasha the cat settled for the day...white pages waiting to be filled, the on-line thesaurus for unexpected synonyms on hand, lots of pens and pencils...

But it wasn't to be...Even the best laid plans and all that...Maya started coughing really bad and I had to be with her, sooth and confort her through the awful fits of racking cough. My head was full of words and images and figures of speech...I tried to tell myself that there is a time for everything, but lately I just feel there isn't enough time for me. I mean, I am 45, for goodness sake, raising a four and a half spirited little girl! What was I thinking??? I know it sounds selfish, but, the truth is, I forgot what being selfish means. I usually think about my family, my daughter before I think about myself. This type of existential crisis passes really quickly, becuase I don't have time to dwell upon it when my kid is sick.

In the end, after Maya fell asleep I made myself a coffee, went to the toilet (not to disturb my sleeping daughter) and jotted down on a notebook (I have several strewn along the apartment, you know, just in case, when a brillian idea appears from nowhere) the scene that kept nudging me. Then, I made myself a cup of coffee and read until the wee hours of the morning...


Enhanced by Zemanta

2 comments:

I Make Scleroderma Look Good said...

thank you for staying = ) I hope you find some time to write. It is so hard when everything is pulling us in a thousand different directions. You'll find the time, I'm sure of it. I've always wanted to go to Israel, what brings you there?

Alone in Holy Land said...

Welcome!
I really liked your last blog post, so true!
What brings me to Israel? Well, love, of course! I married an Israeli, so, here I am...