Friday, December 31, 2010

Good Bye 2010, Welcome 2011 - My Year of No Spending


I didn't plan on posting today, but as it is the last day of 2010 and everybody in the blogosphere is doing resolutions, recaps, countings and such, I said, well, Ramona you have to do it also...

I don't do New Year resolutions as I don't follow through afterwards and I end up feelling bad. Instead, I'll just look back at 2010 and maybe jot down some thoughts for 2011, you know, just in case...

2010 far one of the worst years I remember. It began with Maya's illness and then my state of mind just went spiralling down and I also had some health scares of my own...But, the same, it had some good things too. Dasha, our cat, came into our lives and it wasn't the same ever since; we travelled to Romania with Maya and had the time of my life...oh, and Maya's illness wasn't some brain disease after all, just a very-very bad case of Rotavirus, neglectful doctors and bad hospital equipment. I reconected with my high-school best-friend and I also had the opportunity to see the mother of another good friend - I didn't know at that time, but she passed away a few months afterwards...I also made the aquintance of a lot of nice people, mainly though Facebook and the blogosphere and for this I am really grateful. And of course, I continued to work at my fiction book, finished the first draft and take up the sisiphean work of editing it...

All in all, it was a dramatic year, with powerful ups and down and at certain moments I was sure I was going to loose my sanity...

Thoughts for 2011?

To finish the damn book.

To live more and worry less (yeah, sure, as if...)

I am also doing some sort of experiment...because I am fed up with worrying about money, spending to much, too much shopping, overdraft, banks, money, money, money I will try to live for one year without spending one dime, apart from the bare essentials, of course. So, no clothes, no books, no make-up, no fancy-schmancy toiletries and stuff. Only food, clothes for Maya, medical care (for us and Dasha). I'll try to hand-made, repair, sew, knit and not buy new things. I had enough of living in the hamster wheel. This is my attempt to break free. I've set up a new blog for this new enterprise, so, beginning with the 1st of January, I'll track down my (no)spending on that blog. I hope to gain some wisdom and to share it with you, so you're welcome to join me on living one year without a dime (penny, agurot, you got the ideea).
Happy New Year to all of you, my dear friends!
May 2011 be a better year, of not the best of our lives...



Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments: