Sunday, January 9, 2011

Dreaming of Things I Could've Done




It is the beginning of a new week, here in Israel. Maya is still a bit sick, so she is staying at home for now. And that means I am spending my days my daughter's style, and that implies a lot of "activities" as she calls them: spelling, worksheets, reading, drawing, painting, coloring and such. I also have a lot of "help" when doing housework or cooking, which means everything takes at least three times longer to do than usual. But I don't want to discourage her, so staying at home with Maya means a lot of patience also. And not much time to do anything else. In the evening I am so tired, mentally and physically that I drop like a drunken fly. So I read her bedtime stories, I listen to Maya's soothing music and read till my eyes sting and then I dream of things I could've done but forgot or simply couldn't be bothered.


No comments: