Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Peeking Through Pain


I know I promised I'd blog more often, but, as a Romanian proverb says "He that reckons without his host must reckon twice" (that's the English equivalent anywayt, in Romanian it sounded better somehow)...
And this time it was really true...
We were sick. Again...it never happened in our household, so much sickness. I mean, my husband has pneumonia, I've got tonsilitis and Maya has a sore throat and is coughing...On top of that, I have some serious problems with my teeth, problems that translate themselves into pain. As in A LOT OF PAIN. The doctor said I cannot take care of the teeth problem until my infection clears up (throat and teeth, as well) so I have to suffer quietly for now...Believe me, I am no stranger to pain and I bear it well, but this time...oh boy, my teeth hurt so badly even after painkillers that I cried. Me, a grown up woman that gave birth to two children, cried...
I am taking antibiotics, of course and I feel like s**t most of the time, and I also have to take care of Maya and my husband (he was in a bad shape also). And there is food to be cooked (well, we mainly eat sandwiches these days), laundry to be done. The house is a pigsty again, but I couldn't be bothered, no way... I sleep when not in pain after being knocked down by the painkillers, I cannot concentrate to read or write...I forgot what writing my book means...
So, you see, that is the reason it has been so quiet in here. But, with God's help (and the antibiotics, and the dentist) I'll be right as rain in no time...

No comments: