Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Simply Writing



Yes, yes, I know, I've been AWOL for too long  - more than two weeks...But I have a good explanation, I really do: I have been using all my free time WRITING. As you may know, I am working very hard at a fiction book I began writing a few years ago. It is actually my second book, the first book I wrote was published some fourteen years ago in Romania (I wrote it in Romanian, of course). It is a non-fiction book about Israel. As a journalist I had been many times in Israel and I grew to love this tiny, fierce country, so at some point I gathered all my notes and added some historical facts, geography and such and "Between the Wailing Wall and the Central Bus Station" was born. Then, I fell in love, got married and emigrated to Israel. Worked as a teacher and had my daughter, Maya...Caught in the sticky ropes of everyday living and struggling I forgot about writing...and then, suddenly, this idea popped in my head. And I began writing. It is not an easy process, believe me. I am writing in English and it is harder and more difficult than it would've been if I were writing it in Romanian. But I am getting there and I am not giving up.
So, there...my excuse...
Also, we had our share of seasonal sickness, my and Maya and we also had some crazy, floody, rainy days...
And now I am off...writing, of course...
 

No comments: