Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Today



Today I am happy...and sad...and because of this mixture of feelings that makes me one moment cry and the other grin like crazy, I am here, to share this state of mind of mine with you...
Why, you'll probably ask...
Well, because today it is my son's birthday! His is 26! Twenty -six, can you imagine that? My sweet, quiet and thoughtful boy is TWENTY SIX years old today!
Unbelievable...and still...
I remember like it was yesterday, the day I gave birth to him...It was a cold January, with a clear blue icy sky and a sun that gave you frostbite. When I took him home from the maternity he was bunddled in so many blankets, like a cocoon that whould become the most gorgeous buterfly, and my boots crunched on the frozen snow and I was so happy I could fly!
We went through a lot, me and my son. Since he was three and until he was 13 I raised him alone, me, a poor student that had to work to put food on the table, and he, the quiet and shy boy. We were a team and we succeded to live lots of happy years, even if it very hard sometimes.
And here we are now, mother and son, and he, a young man ready to fly, ready to live...and myself, torn between pride and sorrow, heaven and hell...
Happy birthday, my dear son!
May life by gentle with you and may you find happines and joy in all its moments...



3 comments:

Unknown said...

Happy birthday to him!

Alone in Holy Land said...

Thank you!

O femeie said...

happy birthday to your boy!! He is already a big man..